Wednesday, February 18, 2009

heavy sigh of great contentment

Sunshine. Blue skies. Clear and cold. What a lovely day! Went for a late afternoon run down by the Edmonds waterfront on the boardwalks and beaches. Got sweaty and tired. Came home to a hot shower and made myself a chicken breast sandwich with bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo and some garlic goat cheese spread and munched it down with potato chips. Yes it was delicious. God told me in some very tangible ways today that He loves me. I FELT, SENSED, TASTED, EXPERIENCED the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. And then to top it off my beautiful wife Janet gave me a big hug after I emptied the dishwasher and posted something on the blog. Later this evening-American Idol, popcorn, a chapter of Planet Narnia, a sermon by Jonathan Edwards, and a sound night's sleep in a comfortable bed under warm blankets with fluffy pillows, snuggled next to Janet. Heavy sigh of great contentment. G'nite.

2 comments: